Staff, Stakeholder & Community Celebration Event 2018
On 5th November Colony 47 held its second annual Staff, Stakeholder and Community Celebration.
Colony 47 hosted around 80 community partners, board and staff at Blundstone Arena to update partners on its direction and to recognise shared achievement over the past 12 months.
Colony 47 were able to recognise the contribution and support of people across its network including in three key areas, consumers, collaborators and community partners. The following awards were presented as part of the event
- Anglicare, Catholic Care, Hobart City Mission, Salvation Army & Housing Tasmania were recognised for housing and providing support for over 100 Tasmanian through its Winter Emergency Support initiative.
- Richmond Fellowship Tasmania & The Link were recognised for supporting over 100 people to transition to the NDIS through its Project ReachABLE initiative.
- UTAS Institute for Social Change were recognised for developing and implementing Social Return on Investment approach to understanding the social value created by its services.
- Backswing was recognised for its innovative Empowering Youth Program in Sorell, Hobart, Glenorchy and Huonville.
- The Department of Premier and Cabinet were recognised for their ongoing financial support for the annual Christmas Lunch for over 300 Tasmanians;
- Hydro Tasmania was recognised for its sponsorship of healthy lifestyle and education programs for young women at the Mara House womens shelter;
- RACT were recognised for their sponsorship of learner driver training for over 60 young people through its Young Driver Education Program
- Telstra were recognised for contributing laptops for young people to support their education whilst living in the Colville Place youth at risk service
- City of Hobart were recognised for supporting the young women at Mara House through its City of Hobart Volunteer Program.
- Da Angelo’s Ristorante was recognised for its collection of over $30,000 as part of its Dollars for Change Program.
- Young people in the empowering youth and Mara House services were recognised for their achievements in developing new initiatives and in supporting in representing clients in the selection of Colony 47 staff.
Thank you to all of our Staff, Stakeholders and Community Partners who have contributed to the success of a fantastic year for Colony 47 and the sector. These and other achievements for the year have been included in our 2017/18 Annual Report which can be found here.