Colony 47 Housing Connect is the first point of contact for people in housing stress, experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness in Southern Tasmania.
Housing Connect can help you:
- apply for public or social housing
- access support and advice with private rentals, including bond and rent arrears
- find a bed for the night or access shelters
- work out how you can stay in your own home
- seek assistance following a traumatic event such as family violence, illness, relationship breakdown etc…
- get information and advice on your housing options
To access Housing Connect Services:
- Call 1800 800 588 (24 hours)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our offices (please call for advice beforehand):
What to bring for Bond and Rental Assistance:
- ID, current Centrelink statement and/or 12 weeks of payslips *
What to bring for Public/Social Housing Applications:
- ID, proof of income, copy of lease and rent receipts (click here for more details)
What to bring for referrals to housing support:
- ID and proof of income *
* Please note that you should bring any other relevant documentation for your application such as: proof of shared custody, health and disability needs, Notice to Vacate etc..
Are you an external service provider?
If you would like to refer a client to our service please download the Housing Connect Client Referral Form and return it to email@example.com.
Housing Connect works as a collaboration in Southern Tasmania between Anglicare, CatholicCare, Salvation Army, Hobart City Mission and Colony 47 as lead agency, for more information please click here.